AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Does it bother anyone that Farmworks does not make load reports for Insights?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Ted2
Posted 11/25/2007 15:34 (#245362 - in reply to #245276)
Subject: RE: Does it bother anyone that Farmworks does not make load reports for Insights?

Northern Illinois
Macy:
Your response is helpful but a one-year delay is unacceptable. I called Farmworks two weeks ago (11-10-07) and asked for a salesman. I talked to Christy in sales. She had no idea FW could not make load summary reports to match my Insight.
This year I updated to X12, bought an Insight that cost me $6,000, and added a scale (cost $4,000) to my grain cart to calibrate my Insight. I recalibrated and froze my calibrations every other field. By doing this my Insight Monitor is plus or minus 1-1/2 bu for corn and the same for beans. All I need from a FW program is a monitor report that matches the Insight. I have four year's worth of monitor load summaries from my AL 3000 on FW 9.3. These summaries allowed me to build a history for crop insurance according to their rules. This year the summary report that is generated by FW is 9 bu short per acre depending on the field. If I continue to use FW and have a claim, it will cost me 9 bu x $3.50 x 1500 acres or $47,000.
The area I farm has very aggressive cash rents. I farm 400 acres on a 50/50 basis with several landlords. The landlords take pride in their farms and ride around with me to look at their yields. I'm embarrassed to show them this year's report that is so inaccurate. If they thinks I'm slipping on calculating yields, they might think my bookkeeping is wrong on input costs too.
All I need from a farm program is maps and a monitor report to match my calibrated combine.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)