AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Falcon question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Macy
Posted 12/16/2007 08:21 (#261319 - in reply to #261290)
Subject: What is the reason?

I'm not sure what you meant was the reason.    The 3.5" floppy?   Those were in pretty old controllers, that happen to still be working very well.   Seems like, in retrospect, a good reason to have bought one back then.   Can't buy them any more.

The Dealer ID?   That's a hold-over from when Ag-Chem used to charge 50 cents per acre to make the maps.   That made sure that someone didn't get a set of maps made by one dealer, and then trot down the road and have a different dealer do the application.   It seems unnecessary now that they dropped the 50 cent charge.  But it is pretty easy to deal with.   All the software available to write Falcon Rx maps has a simple entry blank for typing in the 6-digit ID, and most of it probably remembers it for the next time around.

Falcon was using "network" technology when CAN was still a gleam in most people's eye.   And there is no multi-product unlock fee.   IMHO, it is really a pretty cool device.

But, yeah... I'm not sure what my options would be if I had to generate a 3.5" disk now within our office.  It sounds pretty bad, doesn't it :)

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)