AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Question about putting auto steer on 4x4 tractor.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Chad H
Posted 12/23/2007 03:00 (#266574 - in reply to #266463)
Subject: RE: Question about putting auto steer on 4x4 tractor.

NE SD

Spend the money for JD integraded, without a doubt. In '06 we bought a JD universial autotrack for our 9400 and combine, and my uncle bought one for his 9300 & combine. His worked "ok" on his 9300 but ours never was right on our 9400, especially after having used the integrated on an 8220 for several years. In spring of '07 at last minute we decided to install the integrated on our 9400 since we had upgraded combines and that was the only rig the ATU would be used in. We've been glad we did so since day one. Never regret spending the money for upgrading. If my uncle were to upgrade combines, there would be no doubt in my mind, that he would do the same, but I think he's going to be buying a tractor first. Wouldn't make sense to buy one that isn't autosteer ready.

You might speak to some neighbors about what they think and what your options are. We're currently working on trying to setup our own JD RTK network. There are currently 4 farms here that could benefit from using one tower mounted on my cousin's (he's one of them) elevator in town. That's 6 recievers currently, with potentially a couple more within the next two years.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)