AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Leica mojoRTK
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

DG N. AL
Posted 12/23/2007 14:03 (#266844 - in reply to #266748)
Subject: RE: It's the UI

Hillsboro, AL

It's the UI

I could not agree with you more Ed. Let me start by saying that I am not knocking Leica or any company specifically. But all of these systems are capable of steering the tractor. They vary in their degree of accuracy, but that is why there are price differences. If you are willing to pay for more accuracy you can get it. What sets the systems apart is the User Interface. What patterns will the system do and what do you have to do get them? How much input is required from the operator and how much training/knowledge does the operator need? How long do you have to wait for new fields to load? How easy is it to get to the screen that has the information you are looking for? The more powerful the system, the more complicated it becomes to operate.

Don't buy any system on the promise of features to come. I have seen it take years for promised new features to show up and they were a big disappointment when they appeared. If you are buying a system base that purchase on what the system will do now, what you can touch, see, and feel. It is a big mistake to buy based on promises.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)