AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

EZ upgrades
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Mbmaring
Posted 12/23/2007 16:01 (#266907 - in reply to #266886)
Subject: Re: EZ upgrades

North west MN
The insight will not control the EZ-Boom or EZ-Steer. But what you can do is use the insight to monitor yield and the EZ-Guide for guidance and GPS then of course the EZ-Steer to steer the combine and tractor. The insight doesn't have a source of GPS so you need the EZ-Guide plus for GPS or an External receiver like the 252 or 332. As for spraying I use both the EZ-Boom and the insight in different sprayers The insight sprayer control is called direct command and is nice as it records all your chemical info and creates spray maps and if you quit spraying with the insight it will save the field so when you come back the auto boom will still work. The EZ-Boom is used with the EZ-Guide plus will not record any chemical info and does not save your fields but I think the 500 will save the fields and record chemicals used. As for accuracy I think that WASS is fine for drilled crops but if using it in row crops you need a minimum of OmniStar xp. I see you have a 8320 if it is auto trac ready you could use the insight combined with a hyd autopilot in place of the EZ-Guide and EZ-Steer.

Edited by Mbmaring 12/23/2007 16:02
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)