AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

John Deere 9520T
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Posted 1/16/2008 18:39 (#284704 - in reply to #284562)
Subject: Re: John Deere 9520T

I agree. The CAT is certainly the better tractor and will hold its resale value better. One has to ask, why is this tractor "very reasonable"? A JD track tractor has poor resale compared to their wheel tractors; you need to factor that in to making this switch, especially now that they have an improved version on the market, how does that affect the value of this '20 series. You don't want to be stuck with a dinosaur, especially if you can save or wait around for the right CAT machine to pop up that you'll be far happier with. I'm not trying to talk you out of tracks; you'll absolutely love the benefits of a track vs. a 4wd: better field ride quality, no power hop, higher fuel efficiency, less maintenance, lower compaction, easier handling, better steering, and in the case of a Cat, better resale value for the hp. You could spend more now on a Cat, and you'll get more down the road for sure. If it's really, really screaming cheap, you likely can't go wrong, but there is probably a reason for it. Absolutely go with a track, but make sure you are comfortable knowing about a 9520T; I'd take some time to make sure you can't find a Cat that is anywhere close for you. The JD would have to be several tens of thousands of dollars cheaper to justify getting a 9520T over an MT series CAT. I have my money on the Cat winning the longevity argument easily. 12.5L JD engine vs. C15/16 Cat, and the Cat undercarriage is a good deal stouter.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)