AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hallmark meat packing plant in Ca.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

95h
Posted 2/5/2008 09:21 (#301539 - in reply to #299321)
Subject: RE: Hallmark meat packing plant in Ca.

Kittitas Co. Wa. State

The thing is,, the general population IS starting to understand some of where their food is coming from,, but they are only learning the bad parts of where that Micky D. burger comes from.  Bad P.R. all the way around. That video caused a REAL S_ _ _ Storm in Seattle WA.  The Seattle School District went to completely meat free menu's over that video.   NOT GOOD at ALL !  SSD is a HUGE district.  

The thing is Non-producers have a pastoral view of Farming/Ranching.  Nice old farm house, cute old barn out back, bossies standing out in the field eating grass.

Then they're shocked at the process the turns bossie into their steaks!  Whoa !!  blows that whole "pastoral view"!!     That's what farmers/ranchers are working against,, that "bad Pr". Sure doesn't help anybody when a processor allows stupidity like that to happen.

For me,, I Don't fertilize ANY MORE...  I apply crop nutrients.
             I Don't Kill weeds ANY MORE.....  I reduce crop competition.

Those boneheads at that plant caused a fortune in losses beyond their wildest dreams.

True I live in a more populated area,, but I always assume somebody might be watching from a road somewhere and act accordingly...

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)