AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Question for Illinois corn on corn growers or..........
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

JohnG
Posted 7/10/2006 21:17 (#25396 - in reply to #25332)
Subject: Re: Question for Illinois corn on corn growers or..........

W. Illinois
Dave
We have been using Penncap at the recommendation of a local soil testing/ scouting firm that my brother worked for when he was in college. They have promoted an adult control program and tried several products. Penncap-M at 1.5 - 2 pts. is what they use for adult control to prevent egg laying. Last year we used Penncap in a few fields and Warrior in a few others. The fields that got sprayed with Penncap have way less root damage this year. When these fields were sprayed in 2005 we were spraying for silk clipping, not for adult control, so we ran the 1pt rate. The timing for silk clipping was too early for adult control but we still took down enough beetles with the Penncap to do some good for 2006. i.e. (Penncap had better residaul control) I guess we feel like the Penncap gives the "best bang for the buck".

As far as application, we have it flown on. In the fields where we also put on Headline he ran 2 gal/ac + COC. I'm sure the insecticide only fields probably got 1 gal/ac (didn't ask). I know that there was corn sprayed in eastern Illinois last year with hi-boys and Ron or others with those type sprayers could comment on an appropriate setup for a ground rig.

Edited by JohnG 7/10/2006 21:21
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)