AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

hose reels
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

bjhalbur
Posted 2/18/2008 19:31 (#313139 - in reply to #312592)
Subject: RE: hose reels

(WCIA) Glidden, IA
I have two reelcraft nordic series reels for my tending applications. I currrently can hold up to 100' of 3"id hose but have found that you can easily get by with 75 feet. I have these reels with a simple hand crank to save weight and some big bucks. If you blow the line with air at the end of the fill the hose is very easy to crank up. No need to waste the money on the power rewind. Can't speak highly enough of the quality of the construction and their durability. Handles the abuse of a lot of gallons of 32% and water + roundup/atrazine. We consistantly will load 1200 gal of water in 6-7 minutes with mix times and 1600 gal of 32% in about 10 minutes. I would spec a new reel with cast aluminum fittings for the swivel as you don't want to price the stainless version. Also, sub out the standard victualic fitting for npt fittings as they are more common. (victaulic is common in the fuel business) Aluminum is adequate unless you use liquid phosphate fertilizers. I searched for two years until I came across these. Most other companies actually reduce i.d. size for the swivel.

I bought my two reels for Custom Hose in Cedar Rapids, IA. Get ahold of Jim Archibulb (the owner). He can have these drop shiped from the factory straight to your location. 319.365.6433

Feel free to e-mail me with any questions

Here is the catalog page for this reel
http://www.reelcraft.com/Catalog/32_Nordic_5900.pdf
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)