AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sprayer Trailer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

jmewes
Posted 2/19/2008 08:21 (#313550 - in reply to #313415)
Subject: Re: Sprayer Trailer

EC ND
To answer a few questions:

1. The tanks are top filled with hoses that are plumbed to ground level. Each tank has a fill port at the very top and then an overflow tube about a foot down from the top. The overflow hoses run out right next to the fill port, so once the tank is full, you just shut off the fill port. I will take some pictures of that setup this morning.

2. As Chad H. stated, our chemical supplier uses steel shuttles that are pressurized to 15-20 psi. A dip tube picks the chemical up at the bottom of the tank and the air pressure carries it out into the mixing tanks. It is a very easy way to transfer chemicals as long as pressurized air is available.

3. I believe that the gasoline engines are going to be quite noisy inside the trailer. We have not had them running yet though. We did run the exhaust for both engines down through the floor to keep the fumes to a managable level. One neighbor commented that the engines would make it very hot inside the trailer, but we are hoping that since it is a reefer and we will be filling it with 6,000 gallons of cold water, it should stay fairly comfortable. I should note that the refrigeration unit has been removed.

I will try to take more pictures of the setup this morning to hopefully anwer a few more questions.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)