AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Why are they promoting spraying aphids before thresholds??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

M
Posted 7/13/2006 19:27 (#26276)
Subject: Why are they promoting spraying aphids before thresholds??

Got a flyer in the mail advertising spraying warrior or asana after july 10th, and being covered by an assurance policy for up to 40 days after treatment. In other words spray our product even if you don't have a problem but in case aphids do appear you will have residual for up to 40 days.
This goes against everything I have learned as a CCA and as a farmer.Spraying insecticides when there is not any aphids to me is enviromental suicide is it not?? What about all the beneficials that are killed??? I would not want my neighbor doing this next to my fields. If one kills all the beneficials and it gets hot and dry and spider mite populations explode then you would need to spray again to kill the spider mites,Right???Now you have 2 applications when maybe NONE were needed??
. Spraying when there is a problem and thresholds are reached is ok in my book, thats the responsible way to treat, thats how I was taught in CCA education.. We all are stewarts of the enviroment, and we should not be out spraying just because we think there will be a problem.
Am I wrong in thinking this way??Am I missing something??
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)