AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

john deere 4700 vs rogator 854
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

mennoboy
Posted 2/20/2008 00:59 (#314366 - in reply to #314222)
Subject: RE: john deere 4700 vs rogator 854

Rivers, MB
We have a 1997 4700 with a 90' boom. We test drove or rode along with almost every other sprayer available before we bought 2 years ago. I'm VERY happy with our JD. It has a very smooth ride, sufficient power (haven't had a wet year yet) and has been extremely reliable. Only 2 bad things I can say is that I don't like how the booms when folded up impede your view out the side windows. They also aren't balanced very well weight wise. Too much weight on the back axle. Adding weights to a sprayer to ballast them properly is indicative of poor design. Hasn't been a real issue in my situation yet.
My understanding about the 854 is that they are a dependable machine but quite rough. Our custom app guy in town has had numerous issues with the boom rack. Overall, I think they are built strong though. Wheel motors are very expensive to fix on the Rogators (from what I've heard) and doesn't seem to be an issue with the JD's. Our dealer said they don't even stock them in parts because it's a non-issue.
One other reason for picking the JD was that some of our other equipment is green and felt we would be low down on the priority list at Rogator when it came to service compared to some of the custom applicators that run fleets of the Rogators. Probably will be happy with either one though. If we hadn't bought the JD, we probably would have gone with a Rogator.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)