AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hardi sprayer monitors again
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 2/20/2008 21:17 (#315122 - in reply to #314699)
Subject: RE: Hardi sprayer monitors again

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Certain models of the Hardi sprayers are now supported with the Insight. Version 5.0 of the Insight firmware now supports the Calibrated Reflow setup.

This is necessary with many Hardi sprayers due to Hardi's positive displacement pump. Since the flow must go somewhere, the boom valves often return their flow back to the tank when they are in the OFF position.

In most sprayers, all the flow going through the flowmeter must get to the ground. This is not possible with many Hardi sprayers. What the Calibrated Reflow setup actually does is factor the amount of flow going through the flowmeter based on the booms that are currently ON.

For example if the flowmeter is registering 30 GPM going through the system with all Booms ON, 30 GPM is used to determine the rate and totals.

However if half the Booms are ON and the other half OFF, there is still 30 GPM going through the flowmeter but the system only uses 15 GPM to determine the current applied rate and volume totals.

This assumes that the back pressure on the return side of a valve that is OFF is equal to the true back pressure the system would experience when that boom is ON.

I don't think that EZ-Boom supports the Calibrated Reflow setup yet.

Edited by tedbear 2/20/2008 21:19
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)