AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Does anybody go by Manufacturers tow rating on Pickups?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Pofarmer
Posted 2/20/2008 19:51 (#315026)
Subject: Does anybody go by Manufacturers tow rating on Pickups?

I got interested tonight. I had my 40' gooseneck flatbed on today. Trailer is supposed to weigh 4040 lbs. I've added a little so maybe 4200. Had 30 bales on it weighing 850 lb give or take, so, 25,500. So, total trailer weight of just under 30,000 lbs. Total vehicle weight maybe 36,000? Had enough power, had plenty of brakes with good trailer brakes. Wasn't gonna break any land speed records, but only had to go 6 miles and a tight turn in the driveway, which is why I had that rig. Anyway, this is on an 03 K2500HD with 6.0. I look at the tow ratings, and it's rated for a max trailer weight of 10,100 lbs. There's not many times I leave the driveway with a trailer connected with less than 10,000 lbs on the trailer. Have hauled my 15,000 lb Maxxum a few times and it's a load but doesn't really seem unreasonable. Buddy hauled a 7120 Magnum behind his 2500HD diesel and said it handled it real good. That would be real similar to my hay load. Max on that truck? Well, if it was an 03 it would be 15,700lbs.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)