AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

FSA farm map revison questions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

mlswaar
Posted 7/15/2006 21:10 (#26925 - in reply to #26893)
Subject: Re: FSA farm map revison questions

Mason City, IL
I went in last fall when our county did this. They had a terrace field divided into 6 fields because of terraces that had a waterway at the end of them. They asked if I harvested them. I said well no and they said that it is field division then!!!!! I said I planted right through them (waterways) without raising the planter so then said oK. We made one field out of it then. On my dad's farm with permanent lanes they made the whole farm 1 field instead of 8 different fields. I then asked them why they did that as they were roads basicly. No answer for that one. Just the way it was done, so I asked them then why was it so hard for me to get the terrace field put into just one field and they said because it was divided by the grass strips. I looked at her for awhile until she realized the reasons were not consistant. Long story short. I got all maps changed to the way I farmed them. Took all afternoon with an appointment though. Continue to this spring when I went in to cerifiy my acres. They changed them all back and did not know who did it. I was not a happy camper!!!!! Took 3 hours or more just to certify my acres. Left the terrace field in 6 fields and put in a request for a change which they said they would do sometime. I asked what the point was in my spending a half day there last summer doing this. I just love driving 30 miles to their office for nothing. Sorry for the rant. I even had my computer maps/records adjusted to the acres they gave last summer and this spring they are different AGAIN. I don't know what to put in now for acres. One farm that is cash rented changed on acres but since I pay on the legal discription of acres (including ditches, roads, lanes etc.) it doisn't really change the rent. (another story on the rent!!) Landlord said this was the norm but I haven't talked to anyone around here that agrees with the owner but what do you do? I am tired of the acres changing about every year. Okay I'll quit
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)