AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hoop building
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

RodInNS
Posted 2/26/2008 23:46 (#320521 - in reply to #320176)
Subject: RE: Hoop building

It's a while now since I looked into it, but as I recall our present insurance company will not cover them for wind or collapse... but they are like that. We once had their claims prevention officer in one of out century old barns doing an inspection for wind insurance. He looked up and then remarked that they "didn't want to be part of our modernization program", and that was that. It wasn't too many years after that and the wind did take that barn down too.
Mabey in different areas or with different companies they will fully insure those structures. I dunno, but it is a point to consider and check into.

In the last number of years there have been two major greenhouse collapses here that probably had close to two acres each under hoops. Those were complete uninsured losses to the owners, one of which went under as a result.

The local DOT also has a fetish for those hoop structures these days too. There were a lot of them put up over the last 10 years or so. They seem to be working out quite well for the purpose.

Cover-All is one of the principal builders of these structures. Web is here :
http://www.coverall.net/

Rod
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)