AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ford v10
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Posted 2/26/2008 08:32 (#319740 - in reply to #319640)
Subject: RE: Ford v10

Sold my 2000 V10 with 95,000 miles on it. Wasn't scared of it at all and loved the truck. I pulled loads (recreationally, not everyday) with it of around 17,000 to sometimes 20,000 pounds (not including truck weight) just fine. It liked its rpms for pulling but the motor is built for it. Runs very smoothly, never got hot, great acceleration, quiet, and had no service outside of oil/fuel filters and one set of spark plugs that I did at 70,000 - just old habit. Now have a 2006 6.0L diesel, figuring I ought to try the diesel thing to see what all the craze is about. Made the wrong choice. Oh, I haven't had any reliability problems with the engine; it's been flawless these first 45,000 miles, but the cost of ownership benefit isn't there that I can see. Fuel filters every 15,000 miles, price of oil changes are much higher (and I do all this maintenance myself), poor acceleration, more noise, and just not as convenient a daily driver. I don't think I'm going to lose a lot of money compared to owning the V10; I just don't see the benefit doing lots of varied and mixed driving. If I were a commercial hay hauler or equipment hauler hooked to the trailer every day, may be a different story. But I think my application is similar to most of the driving public in that respect. You'll love that V10. It's a great engine.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)