AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

EZ-Steer and MT7x5-8x5.....? for Mr Boysun
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Ed Boysun
Posted 2/27/2008 21:20 (#321192 - in reply to #321162)
Subject: RE: EZ-Steer and MT7x5-8x5.....? for Mr Boysun

Agent Orange: Friendly fire that keeps on burning.

Mark, reading between the lines this winter, I figured that you had bought an EZ system. Keep forgetting that some farmers actually get out in the fields to do things other than till or plant and I didn't think you'd run the EZ yet.

MT steering is much better than the 75 but have gotten too close to a mudhole once or twice before I put EZ in the tractor. Same old problem unless you shift down enough to stop one track while the other keeps turning forward.

When I first put the EZ in the MT and was calibrating things, I actually had the servo turn the wheel enough to drop the foam wheel in the indent. It was a wild ride and I'm thankful I didn't have an implement in tow. Foam wheel just sat in the dent and spun away, keeping the steering wheel from returning. Who knows, the dent could even work to your advantage if one track was spinning and the servo was trying to correct. Once the slipping track regained traction, the servo would spin the other way and the centering spring would have the dent against the foam wheel so it could regain it's grip on things.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)