AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

4560-4760 jd advice
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

mike in sw mn
Posted 2/28/2008 10:13 (#321599 - in reply to #321310)
Subject: Re: 4560-4760 jd advice

Walnut Grove MN USA
Had a 4560 MFWD (wish I had it back now as I need another tractor) the powershifts are really touchy about trans fluid level, if it gets a little low it will downshift from 15 to a lower gear then right back up. Scares the hell out of you when going down the road. Seems only the 60 series do this. They can be moved out to 120 inch and I am going to do that with the tractor I get, probably a 4840, the problem is the front axle. They don't go out that far from the factory. I have seen some with a combine rear axle adapted then you can use a bigger tire like a 14.9-24. Like all Deere 466 engines they occasionally need a head gasket and watch the waterpump and check the coolant for additive. You can get a test kit from JD for the coolant additive and if it tests low or no additive plan on an overhaul soon. 45's are doggy the way the pump is set so taking it to a good injection shop would really waken it up. A buddy of mine did mine and it made a whole different tractor out of it. He owns the shop now so if you wanted to you could send the pump to him and he would go thru it for you.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)