AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Thank you John Burns
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

John Burns
Posted 2/29/2008 20:12 (#322772 - in reply to #322518)
Subject: Danger in the deep

Pittsburg, Kansas

He must have been doing something really stupid for a tv show photo op. I have had the camera within 6 inches of their eyes taking macro shots and in Key west at the aquarium they have small ones in a tank where kids can feed them with fish bits. About the only way to get one to barb you is step on one in shallow water or I suppose they would if you lay down on one. Must have been what Steve was doing to get a picture. They are very docile and like almost every other creature in the ocean (with a few rare exceptions) they are in no way aggressive and take flight at the first sign danger. The only way to get very close is if they think they are hid like the one in the picture. Carolynn was probably 3-4 feet when she shot the one sitting on the bottom.

About the most aggressive thing in the ocean I have ever encountered is the 3" long Damselfish. They will nip at anything, including divers, voraciously to keep it away from their brood. You would think they were 10 feet long and 300 pounds with the attitude they have.

John

Edited by John Burns 2/29/2008 20:16
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)