AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

the price of parts
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

briggsfm
Posted 2/28/2008 11:46 (#321662)
Subject: the price of parts

Scottville, 49454 Northwest Michigan
Do you guys check with different dealerships, of the same company, to compare prices on parts? I find it amazing how much variance there can be. I'm talking, like comparing one John Deere dealership with another John Deere dealership on the same part. I remember one time calling 5 different Gehl dealers for a part we were needing on our skid loader. I ended up with five different prices. There was about a 10% difference between the cheapest and the most expensive. I almost always find a difference of at least 5% on the cost of parts when I shop around for prices.

Can you think of any valid reason why there should be a difference? I suppose it could be an issue of whether one dealer has it in stock and the others don't. But I have seen the same variability in price when all the dealers have had to order the part. So I don't necessarily think it's an issue of the part being in stock.

What difference in price would you need before you would buy from a dealer other than your local dealer? Just curious. Maybe I'm being an ass about this, but it bugs me to pay one guy more than another, for the exact same item.

gordon
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)