AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

fence row nozzles........ any good pics or ideas?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

cottonfarmer
Posted 2/28/2008 22:50 (#322181 - in reply to #322158)
Subject: Re: fence row nozzles........ any good pics or ideas?

west Tennessee
I hear ya plowboy, same here!!!! Conrad thanks for the compliments on my driving.......lol...... no offense taken by the way........ I put about 700 hours a year on a sprayer, ussually trade em every two years, and I put every hour on it myself, last year was a bad dry year only 550 hours. maybe this will explain my "rough driving". guess I should have clarified my post a little, I have factory fence row nozzles from case, they are controled electronically from the cab. they feed off a 1/4 inch nylon hose independent from the wet boom, however they are configured into my viper rate controler. they consist of a 1/4 inch stainless nipple 6 inches long clamped onto the main boom. on the end of the nipple was a plastic single swivel nozzlebody with a flat fan tip. I need to first protect it from tree limbs, brush etc. with a steel guard. bu then theres my next problem of is the single flat fan tip really adequate for doing anything other than spraying a 15 inch border? or do I put a noxxle in there that will give me some real reach? I would like to have about 6 ft, the hypro boom extenders look great but then they cover too much, 16 ft at 4 ft off the groud. most of my spraying is more like 5 feet off the ground. looking at the hypro charts, if you used the boom extender nozzles to apply an equal amount of gpa I would needa a tip that has a 3/8 or 1/2 inch thread, but I doubt you could feed that tip with the little ol 1/4 inch nylon tube thats feeding the fence row nozzles. I really like the idea of placing the boom extender nozzles on the wet boom ends, but I havent figured out how to get the foam to drop 16 feet further out there lol lol................ DAVE
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)