AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

sprayer tips
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Jmark71
Posted 3/1/2008 09:27 (#323092 - in reply to #323010)
Subject: RE: where to buy them

Kentucky

bosshogg88 - 3/1/2008 07:34

I talked to Halmut Splicer on friday. (he works for th Gov of Ontario) all his work is based on tips and spray patterns. it doesnt matter what tip, whether it is the 3 stream or the quauntom, if it has a V pattern, wich almost all tips do, it will be affected by height. draw a picture of a big V on a piece of paprer, and put it up agaist a table. now lift that paper up and dowm, pretend the table is the ground, you can see how on any tip, the patteren will change. when ever you use more streams, you add more leaf burn. thats a fact.

I'd agree with you on this, but there are some relative differences. Unlike the teejet caps, the Quintastream is not 5 equal volume streams and an overlap is required. Yes they are height sensitive but the the range is pretty broad making it much easier to run.
http://www.hardi-aus.com/SalesInfo/~/media/extranet/australia/Brochures/nozzles/quintastream%20pdf.ashx

I have seen the 3 hole and 7 hole caps run.  The 3 hole caps are too height sensitive and you can see color variation in the wheat on most years.  The 7 hole caps put out smaller amounts that the wind can break up and make it look more like a flood tip on a windy day.  I like the stream bars for performance the best, but after using the quintastream for 3 years I can't tell a difference in leaf burn and no color streaking.  The quintastream caps are much easier to use as you don't have to get out after every fence row pass to straighten the stream bar. 

In 15 years of running stream bars I only broke one and figured out a way to glue it with a PVC piece on the bottom for strength to make it work.  I did have to frequently get out and straighten the streamer and had to take 4-6 off the sprayer everytime I wanted to fold up.  What tends to break is the adapter or the triplet for the nozzles.  I broke lots of them over the years.  The adapters didn't cost much compared to the streamers, but the triplets aren't as cheap.  None of those problems with the quintastream and the cost was only 1/4 up front.  Just my perspective from using them.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)