AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

4010 hydraulic problems
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

hogman_2002
Posted 2/29/2008 21:53 (#322838)
Subject: 4010 hydraulic problems

Tx
While trying to put out fertilizer with an Ace hydraulic driven pump, I noticed my pressure started to drop from 25psi to below 15psi. I stopped and checked the screen for the fertilizer. There was some trash in it, but nothing that would cause the pump to stop pumping.
I started to fertilize again and all seemed well. Until an hour later, my pressure dropped again. I stopped for 15 minutes and then tried again with the same results. The pressure would drop and then go to nearly 0.
Since I have the hydraulic motor hooked up to the outlets, I thought maybe the system was building up too much heat. So I rigged the outlet side of the motor to dump the oil back into the transmission, rather than having it go through the outlet. This still didn't fix the problem.
Could my hydraulic pump be going bad? As long as I don't run the pump my steering and 3pt, work fine. But after running the hydraulic driven pump for a little while the start getting slow.

Update: I removed the hydraulic filter and found no shavings or signs of problems. Everything looked clean. I installed a new filter but I'm still having problems. I noticed if I raise the 3pt, turn the pump on, and step on the clutch, after 10 seconds, the 3pt lowers and the pump stops turning. Could this have something to do with the transmission pump instead of the main hydraulic pump?

Edited by hogman_2002 2/29/2008 23:02
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)