AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

pknoeber
Posted 3/2/2008 22:06 (#324236 - in reply to #323678)
Subject: RE: Haven't gotten anything yet...

SW KS, near Dodge City
Seems like everything's so expensive that I just waffle back and forth on it.

Leaning towards the Dawn unit w/ an Equa-apply (spelling) system. The equa is basically the poor man's Exactrix. A couple of Exactrix rigs running around me, one of them set up on a toolbar w/ Dutch opener's on 15" centers. He traps it pretty darn well from what I could tell. He did spend a fair amount of time getting them adjusted right though. For what the Exactrix costs, I don't think it would be worth it unless you're running it on a custom basis.

I've got a trial Dawn unit that I've been playing with, but so far I couldn't make it trap NH3 out of the regular Continental manifold. Joe's re-worked the system though, and from what I understand w/ the Equa system on it, he can get it to trap really well. He's been fighting it trying to get it to trap it out of the continental manifold, but to be honest that Equa system is about $6K higher than a straight Raven cooling system... so I think it'd be worth it.

Neighbor's getting a Wako also, so $$$ might say that for the immediate future I just rent it from him. Dropping 40 g's on a fertilizer rig just seems awfully steep to me.

If you've got questions about the Wako, call Carl at Hi-Tech Ag in Big Bow, KS. 620 495 2024. He's run one across probably 50K acres by now. He seemed to like it well & really new the machine.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)