AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Do scrap dealers ever come around your place?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

srsu99
Posted 3/2/2008 14:23 (#323859)
Subject: Do scrap dealers ever come around your place?

Central / West Texas
The other day I was helping an older farmer put a new roof on his home.... Its too dry here to do much of anything else..   Anyway this man drives up in an old clunker of a pickup and immediately I thought scrap dealer.  I know this is very stereotypical but anyway he gets out and really starts eyeing things.  The farmer is around 75 and has quite a collection of old a newer stuff.  I really dont think he has ever thrown much away. lol  The farmer and I were both concerned after the scrap hauler left about the security of his place.  He lives on a country backroad and has no gate going into his yard only a cattlegaurd.  Last time they came around our equipment yard in town asking to buy this or that I notice things start to go missing like chains and boomers from haul truck and several hundred gallons of deisel from haul truck and other dumptruck.  One scavenger asked if he could buy a pallet of old alluminum truck rims when he saw them at our yard.  I told him not for sale.  Next week all eight rims were gone.  Guess I should have sold them to him at least I would have gotten a little money.  Some people really have alot of nerve!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)