AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

last couple of days work
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

deeredriver
Posted 3/2/2008 19:14 (#324058 - in reply to #324050)
Subject: Re: last couple of days work

Alma NE
Well we bought this floater used last year in about january for what was it $2700 or there abouts and the bushings had wear in them then i ran it all year and now we decided it was time to replace them i cant remember the exact year of the machine but im thinking its either a 84 or 86 year model i belive that this is the first time these have been replaced looking at the tube the only scratches that are there were made by me
they take a long time to drive out i can tell you that for sure we drove out the bottom bush
Then on the top one i cut into it with a cutting wheel on each side then beat it till the remainder cracked taking it out in 2 halves i dont mind swinging a hammer down but i didnt fancy swing one upwards for an hr thats how long it took to get the bottom one out
the new ones had to be filed and sanded to fit
even then they were nice and tight we made a plate to go top and bottom and a big long bolt and pulled it tight tapped on it for a sec then tighted more we got both bushings in pretty easy really
just hope it took the play out which im sure it did
just waiting to see if we can find a good used tire to go back on now this one is bad and no time like the present to get it replaced
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)