AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Question about this forum
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Indianajones
Posted 3/3/2008 22:06 (#325164 - in reply to #325082)
Subject: RE: It did this to me but I think this happened

"Using a laptop and Wi-Fi at a motel is about as unsafe as running around San Francisco with your pants down. Your gonna get F#$%$D." This a direct qoute from an old school hacker friend who works on my computers. It is scary what he can do if he wants to. I have personally seen him log onto the town marshall's computer where he lives and download what the marshalls kid was doing from the curb using his laptop and the marshall's unsecured network. Luckly he and the marshall are good friends and he walked up to the door and showed him how unsecure his personal info is. I have seen him scan networks driving down the interstate. OH, where are most of those motels with FREE wi-fi located? He was at one time logging in through an open computer he found online in Arizona to an anti-immigration forum posing as an illegal mexican to brag about all the free welfare just to agitate the posters there. Nothing malicious or destructive though.
The hotel Wi-fi is an open invite to a skilled hacker to take over your computer, download personal info, become you on the internet or plant anything they want on your computer. I think this was someones subtle way of letting you know he got you.
DOn't believe me? Do the research on the net if you like. I for one am glad my friend is an honest person, but a lot of them are not so nice. Sometimes it is for profit, sometimes for malicious reasons. If you are going to be on the road and using a computer, better look into some encryption software or use a computer with no sensitive info you don't want hacked.
INDY
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)