AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

power steering pump volume
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

School Of Hard Knock
Posted 3/20/2008 01:20 (#337650)
Subject: power steering pump volume

just a tish NE of central ND
I had a small hyd pump with resivoir attached made of lightweight aluminum attached to my 7 x 31 auger to run the hyd drag auger.It ran off the 10?? hp brig engine and the pump ran the drag slow enough that shoveling wasnt too much of a chore and dust was minimal. The pump got ruined and it came most likely from a old sp windrower if some sort.I have been unable to locate one as light and compact made from aluminum with a lightweight pulley..
The available ones are all much heavier at local salvage yard.I am wondering if I could just use a automotive power steering pump to do the same task.It doesnt need to turn the drag that fast.2-300 RPMs probably would be greatly enough for me.Would an auto power steering pump move enough oil running off a brigss and stratton to do the task?They are used to run the tie arm on my baler and works fine and it runs ALOT slower than it would on my auger .What do you think?

Any one else experienceing this sight being terrible slow to load and troublesome tonite?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)