AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

JD Planter CT200 monitor- sensor accuracy
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

mailman13
Posted 3/20/2008 02:51 (#337664)
Subject: JD Planter CT200 monitor- sensor accuracy

West Central Iowa
My 7000 planter has a CT 200 monitor with the single big round 3 pin plug for the seed sensors. I have seen these referred to as "Cannon" style plugs on Shoup's site and "sure seal" on the Sloan express site. These were the transition plugs between the old 3 individual wire setup and the weatherpack setup. I believe the actual sensor eye is the same on the last two I mentioned that is it has 2 red eyes that shoot the beam across the seed tube. There is also now available a 3 eye sensor that is supposed to be more accurate. You are not supposed to mix and match these sensors with the old syle. Are these the same sensors that are used on the newest monitors (Greenstar I believe they are called)? I have never been impressed with the counting ability of the CT 200 with the 2 eye sensors. They aren't too bad when the sensors are brand new but older ones are often off by a good margin. Planting 30,000 they will often be 2-5000 off actual planted population. Do the newer 3 eye sensors help this old monitor count better? What do the sensors for the Greenstar monitors look like? I have talked to guys that have that monitor and they say you can detect when the population changes by only hundreds of seeds per acre. Is that possible? They say it was real handy last year because you could tell when some of the holes in the eset disks were plugged with the seed fragment issue they were having.

Edited by mailman13 3/20/2008 03:01
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)