AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cursed Japanese Beetles
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Posted 7/23/2006 18:17 (#29250)
Subject: Cursed Japanese Beetles

Does anyone know how to get rid of the stench of decaying japanese beetles? I went to war on them this year with gallons of Bayer's systemic tree and shurb insecticide and liquid Seven. I even bought an old cherry picker to get high into the trees. I was able to save my Lynden trees and other assortment of preferred shurbs and trees but, the problem now is, those that die and fall onto the roof of the house get washed off into piles or simply congregate into their own piles to die and these piles and their residue once removed smell like rotting gut piles and I cannot get rid of the stench. It is so bad that my neighbors are up in arms and the mail lady has to cover her nose and mouth before walking to my mail box. I dare not open windows or doors anywhere around the house on cool nights. I have tried bleach (many different strenghts short of straight), gasoline, diesel, lime, industrial disinfectant and nothing eliminates or supresses the smell. I used a lawn vaccum and sucked up as many of the rotting bugs as I could (had to wear a respirator or else i'd gag) but, the stench still remains. My neighbors and mail lady, nor myself and family are going to last the test of time. The smell has to go now! Any thoughts? Is it worth it you ask, it beats having a lawn full of barren trees and now shade all summer long, not too mention the investment in landscaping that not even mother nature dares to tamper with :-)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)