AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

it;s shrinking
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

How dry "IS " it???
Posted 7/25/2006 11:17 (#29691 - in reply to #29541)
Subject: RE: it;s shrinking

Boy now I know the definition of "dry". The lilacs in back of the house is dying(they have been there 60 years)They are very sick, trees anywhere dont look any better. Dryest May since '38 according to old folks. Then had a couple very small rains in June with 50mph blow torch hot winds following so that was all gone. Then 10 drops on a section in July, couldnt even settle the dust.
Cattle are getting dust flu again in feedlot. Pastures are way past toast. Actually 'saw' lightning last night. It went every direction but here. You could walk on the sidewalk with socks on, not a good sign. dry land crops are fired beyond belief for this time of year. Saw some of my corn that was a foot tall and shrinking fast. Pinnaple looking stuff.
This is my last straw, this heat and NO rain all year has stuck a fork in me, I cant get out of this occupation FAST enough,,,JUST PLAIN DISCUSTING!!! Job hunting 101 is next for me, wish I could start tommorrow.
In the OLD days those hot south wind days blew up thunderstorms and it rained occasionally from the northwest, not any more. Couple years ago we didnt have a drop from middle of June till sept 15, that hurt too BUT we had a full profile to work with then and we survived, NOT this year, This spring ponds were 5-8 ' lower than usual, then nothing to fill.
nebraska SUCKS,,,let me outa here!!! Dont ever want to see a combine or planter again in my life. Florida Texas or Arizona sounds far better in winter time Now how to keep the tax man from eatting my lunch???
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)