AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Web Based Mapping / Recording - any opinions?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Greg I
Posted 8/7/2006 14:23 (#33535 - in reply to #33477)
Subject: RE: Web Based Mapping / Recording - any opinions?

Fairbury, IL
We use Agfleet at our soil lab as a way to deliver better service to our customers (our customers are fertilizer dealers and private consultants) in the midwest. I provide the support for our service which we call net-mapping.com

If you don't have high speed internet then this Agfleet is not for you.

Hopefully I can answer some of your questions. Be aware that Agfleet is constantly being updated and its capability is constantly expanding.

AgFleet to map tile: There is the ability to upload a shape or mid mif file of a tile line map. I have never used it and am not sure if it is fully functional. It can only be used to create a picture, I know of no way to actually use tile lines to make a management zone.

user experiences on the usability and cost of this approach:
Cost first, it is not cheap, but is not the most expensive program out there. It is based on a $ per acre basis.

It is the way it is structured that makes it simpe to use for everyone involved (grower,consultant, soil lab). The tools or data you would access to is limited to your account. For example I can see all the data of our fertilizer dealers and consultants, the consultants can only see their growers and the grower can only see his data.

Web based has great advantages. Avail 24-7. just about any computer with web access will work. No special software is required. If a someone runs into a problem. I can look at his data and see where the problem is and fix it or at least tell them their computer is at fault.

Do you trust "them" with your data? Yes I do trust them. Agfleet does not sell its or use the data themselves. High Q which they are a partner in and is a separate program does have what is called community query's. The Agfleet data is not in that system.

Can you get your data out again? Most data can currently be got out again. Boundaries, soil sample data, veris. I am not sure on record keeper or yield data

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)