AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anyone on here doing corn on corn in no till ???????
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

deereman23
Posted 8/14/2006 19:47 (#35777 - in reply to #35648)
Subject: RE: Anyone on here doing corn on corn in no till ???????

Bardstown,KY
Sounds like I might stand a chance .I don't plan on doing all corn and corn maybe 1/3beans and 2/3 corn.I don't use any kind of insecticide so what is most used and what type of fungicide is used .I like the thought of clearing the strips in the spring think i'm going to buy a old wing fold 7000 planter and put the row cleaners on it .Do any of you put down any P and K with the planter or in the strips ,my dad said he thought there might be some advantages in corn on corn.
I'm a little stumped about putting less fertilizer on with strip till and being able to keep the fertility up, looks like it would be a problem down the road.Also if you band the fertilizer how would it be going to drilled beans or 15in rows after a few years of banding .I was told that if the fertility is high than banding would not be a help is this true.I you do band P and K 5in deep can you plant right over top that band or does it have to be planted to the side is there going to be a problem with the seed germination if it is not in the right spot in relation to the fertilizer.
I don't run any no till coulters on my planter just down pressure springs.Thats on of the reasons I want the strips move the residue and have a nice seed bed. Thanks for the answers and the ideas thats what I like about the forum.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)