AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

DJI Phantom 3 question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

Original Greaser Bob
Posted 1/12/2016 16:46 (#5031036 - in reply to #5030260)
Subject: RE: DJI Phantom 3 question

Altoona, WI
There is now a 4th Phantom, the "4K". It is a Standard equipped with a 4K camera.

I ended up choosing the Advanced. I have two computers, one three years old and one two years old. I do not have the processing horsepower on either to edit and render 4K video. If I did, neither my monitor or TV are that high of resolution to see any advantage to the 4K at this time.

About the only advantage I see in being able to record video in 4K is the ability to digitally zoom the video further than 2.7K or 1080P, but there again you need the computer power to do it. Both the Advanced and Pro take 12MP stills so there is no advantage there to the Pro. My plan is to take stills of fields rather than video.

My decision was based on what I stated above, as well as the thought that the Phantoms on the market now will quickly become obsolete and I will want a newer model within 2-3 years and maybe by then I will have the support equipment to utilize the advantage of 4K. I just couldn't see spending the extra money until I am set up to make use of it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)