AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Is this real?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

Joe@RFDG
Posted 2/8/2016 17:11 (#5097026 - in reply to #5096848)
Subject: RE: Is this real?

Glenwood, Mn

From what I can read it is "for real".

I highly doubt it will be licensed for civilian use.  The FCC doesn't like "frequency jamming" anything.  I am not sure I want the generator that close to my face.  And people are worried about cellphone radiation.  SMH.

I will pose the better question.  So this will take most DJI's offline.  What about the legacy devices such as APM powered devices.  My APM2.6 can be configured to continue with the mission as planned without a radio or GPS link.  It may not get to where it needs to go but why not just send 3, or 4.... or 100.  Get my drift?  FWIW, there has been some work on the newer hardware to fly well enough without GPS using more advanced gyro's and accelerometers. That in addition to time/speed based recording one could reasonably set a mission off without a full GPS lock. 

Quite frankly, if there was a drone that was threatening my immediate safety, I would prefer physical methods to bring it down.  I would honestly think that's the only real reliable way to guarantee it doesn't get to it's destination.

Now when the military comes out with miniature surface to air missiles.......  We are talking.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)