AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

So what are the rules
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

260david437
Posted 2/12/2016 21:50 (#5107748)
Subject: So what are the rules

north east IN
No wonder nobody knows what the rules are. If you go looking for them you cant find them or some here and others there. One rule says you can fly over your garden and see it needs water but you can't fly over your corn field as you sell that so that would be commercial then you talk to faa reps at a meeting and they say it is not commercial.
Then I have seen were you can't fly after dark but most of the regs dont say anything about that but the new thing congress is pushing through says no flying after dark. Then faa says no goggles los only but in there registration they have this To operate as a hobbyist, you must operate according to the safety guidance you have acknowledged and in accordance with a community based set of safety guidance. For further information on the safety guidance visit faa.gov/uas/model_aircraft/ so ama has no rules about flying los or using goggles so that would indicate that if you belong to AMA you can follow there rules and fly with goggles or at night but if you don't you have to follow FAA recommendations and fly Los only. By the way that link I copied from there registration site does not work for me. The biggest problem is faa has only recommendations and no rules or laws that will stand up in court so as long as you don't cause a hazard you can do anything you want so to speak. Till things change I will fly safely register as a pilot and scout my fields. What you do is up to you but I would ask don't fly over 400 feet, stay away from airports, give airplanes the right away, stay away from people and buildings. Fly safely
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)