AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Phantom 4 details
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

SpartyMike
Posted 3/4/2016 09:13 (#5154506 - in reply to #5149974)
Subject: RE: Phantom 4 details

SW Michigan
ringo - 3/2/2016 10:55

SpartyMike - 3/2/2016 12:06 So what you guys think...looking to upgrade from just a basic phantom to..... if you can afford the phantom 4 is it worth to just skip the others as they certainly have come down in price? That avoiding obstacles option seems like a game changer to me!

It's still better not to trust it, I bet it will struggle to detect the things most often hit like cables or thin twiggy branches. 
I kind of like the somewhat more robust gimbal, and it has higher frame rate at 1080p in a similar camera.
I wouldn't use that either as I most often speed footage up not slow it down!
The fancy follow modes have their place but like the options now on the P3 I expect most will only tinker with them and most times just fly manually.
To me that's what it's all about - not just hit a start button and watch it do a lot of stuff with little further input.

Clever as it is,I don't really see anything worth the higher price - almost double the Advanced P3. 
You can bet some of these new features will be suspected of causing crashes soon after release.
In a year or so's time they will have fixed the glitches but it will be time for all new Phantom 5. 

That would be my concerned about the trust factor!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)