AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Questions about notilling wheat back into wheat?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Jim1_ks
Posted 8/21/2006 18:06 (#37712)
Subject: Questions about notilling wheat back into wheat?

South Central Kansas, Harper County
Have several questions to throw out here, and I may have asked them last year about this time, dont remember(and too lazy to search(lol))
(1)When notilling wheat back into wheat do you guys normally treat your wheat with vitavex or some other treatment? And what were your results with or without the seed treatment?

(2)On Fertilizer application. Last year I put 18-46-0 down with the seed at planting, then went back in about late November and applied Urea, then went back in the spring near March 1st and top dressed 28%. Do any of you use this type of split fertilizer applications, and do you think it is justified? I know the reasons,ie; start the plant off with good root feed, feed the fall tillers, and feed the spring tillers. I'm not sure my fall fertilizer ever was fully utilized because of the dry conditions. Your thoughts and comments appreciated!

(3) I have some ground that was in soybeans in 2005, and doublecropped back into wheat after bean harvest in 2005. Wheat was very poor on this field due to dry conditions, but low and behold, I have a pretty good stand of volunteer soybeans. My question, will these beans hurt me in any way, before I sow wheat? Should I just let them go, and plant wheat into them, or should I add something to my glyphosate with my last burndown to take care of the beans? Will the beans put any N back into the soil, if I burn them off?
thanks,
Jim
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)