AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

My Little "PROJECT"
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

W Guenther NeNE
Posted 9/10/2006 22:14 (#42891)
Subject: My Little "PROJECT"

West Point, NE
Had a little project I did in august that I thought would show pictures of. My grandma has pasture that had a ditch or a small creek run through it and over the years silted in and was never cleaned out. It got to the point that the ditch silted so full the water ran on both sides of it instead of in it. It was used to water cows out of and always kept flowing till 4 years ago. Water had to be hauled during late summer so decided it needed cleaned out.

Talked with NRCS guy when, we picked up a new farm never enrolled before, he looked at it and said that it would be no problem. Was supposed to get done 3 years ago but was not able to because of other issues.

Was able to rent a machine from implement dealer and do it myself for less money finally this year. I really did not think it was necessary to get the OK again from NRCS but I was just proven wrong. Some "nice" neighbor turned me in and the guy who said it was fine retired a year ago. If neighbors would mind their own business and quit using the NRCS as a weapon life would be sooo much better.

For the record I did not dig it any deeper than the old channel that was down stream

(alberts (Large).jpg)

(S3700019 (Medium).JPG)

(S3700029 (Small).JPG)

(S3700026 (Medium) (Small).JPG)

(S3700020 (Small).JPG)

(S3700035 (Small).JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments alberts (Large).jpg (50KB - 344 downloads)
Attachments S3700019 (Medium).JPG (75KB - 331 downloads)
Attachments S3700029 (Small).JPG (59KB - 333 downloads)
Attachments S3700026 (Medium) (Small).JPG (84KB - 312 downloads)
Attachments S3700020 (Small).JPG (76KB - 320 downloads)
Attachments S3700035 (Small).JPG (67KB - 311 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)