AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Corn Plot / Headline Pic
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Ed Winkle
Posted 10/1/2006 17:59 (#48080 - in reply to #47909)
Subject: Re: Corn Plot / Headline Pic

Martinsville, Ohio
We had the most soybean disease we have ever seen. Never saw so much Frogeye and SDS in Ohio and neighboring states. The dead leaves are covered with Septoria, even on the sprayed ones but the fungicide slowed plant respiration and premature death. Made some full season beans pretty full season though!

Most drilled beans got too gangly and some were reluctant to mash them down or pay the aerial application cost. Funny, my ground applicator is convinced he can do a better job and so is my aerial applicators. Both did a good job, left color sheet at the bottom of the rows and they both got good coverage.

One guy tried to do it with glyphosate and did good on the fungicide but didn't kill the weeds, another guy tried it and just the opposite. That is why they should be separate applications.

Since wheat and corn yield more per acre, it looks like you pick up more bushels with them but similar yield increase by percent.

I think we have a whopping crop out there if we can get it off. I am always sorry for those don't but you were sorry for me when we didn't last year.

Ed
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)