AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New Deutz-Fahr Tractors
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

the other green
Posted 10/8/2006 13:09 (#49667 - in reply to #49570)
Subject: RE: New Deutz-Fahr Tractors

We have a 3-ish year old Deutz Agrotron 110. I likes it muchly.

It does a lot of loader work for us and the visibility can't be bettered on a conventional tractor. It's quite fuel efficient and is really enjoyable to drive in my opinion. Our dealer turned out to be pretty lousy but we have a top-notch independent mechanic locally and have found another dealer who is really good parts and service-wise.

It hasn't been trouble-free. We had problems with the shuttle lever, the 3-point computer and the dashboard. The shuttle was repaired under warranty on the third try. The 3pt computer was a $500 fix and the dash was another $1000 We've had nothing (yet) that has had the tractor down though.

If I was in the market for a tractor tomorrow, I'd start looking at a Deutz first. Probably a 120 this time. It doesn't matter how good the tractor was, I always look around at the competition when tractor-shopping. I'd compare it to a Valtra, Agco and I'd be looking to see if Claas had any plans to bring their tractors over here too. Just my opinion, I'm not suggesting anyone else does that :-)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)