AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Problems from Sat. Internet users...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> FAQ & SupportMessage format

WTW
Posted 3/4/2009 00:18 (#631047 - in reply to #630722)
Subject: Re: Problems from Sat. Internet users...

Winkler, Manitoba Canada
Truth in advertising is dead in the internet world, especially the speed claims. I am hoping to get DSL, hopefully within a year or two. Only 1 1/2 miles away. If our telco didn't have their head in the sand it would have happened long ago. We have three competing wireless providers but I doubt if there is much difference between them. Kind of a pain to pay for a new installation and essentially have the same thing again. From what you are describing with 80 people running on one Canopy system I would guess Xplornet doesn't have enough bandwidth at that location to satisfy demands on the system and it times out occasionally. We were in the same situation shortly after we signed up and the service was often not usable. Pretty much like dialup or worse. After complaining to customer service and getting no action and the usual excuses I decided to email the shareholders/directors of the holding company that owns Xplornet. That produced way more results than talking to the help line, including cancelling the subscription charges until they actually got the system working properly. They also told me what they were doing to improve the system and when it would happen. Was kind of nice to talk to someone who actually knew what was going on and didn't just tell you to reboot your canopy and router to fix whatever ails their system.

Edited by WTW 3/4/2009 17:05
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)