AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Rosco
Posted 10/27/2006 16:10 (#55758 - in reply to #55745)
Subject: RE: Combine Pic. A question.

Galahad, Alberta
A chain oiler is the best idea I've read so far. But that is a pretty big reservoir for that purpose. If it was for fire suppression purposes it should be full, not just 1/4. And if it was for fuel, where is the hose to drain into the tank? The little white one is going down the left side, towards the shaker drive chains, not to the feul tank on the right side. I also think that they are combining wheat, not peas, although I understand the thought behind adding water to cut down on cracks. When peas get under 14%, they will split when they hear the combine coming. And why would you have a little bit of water for clean up riding on top? I don't think that would be much use. My neighbours rigged up chain oilers for their 9610's. They had a small reservoir mounted on the platform left of the cab, with a small electric pump, a distribution manifold, and hoses going to each chain. They said it worked great. Just engage the separator, turn on the pump for a minute, and you're done. They liked to oil during the last unload of the day, so the unload auger chain got it as well, and the oil would soak into a warm chain better overnight.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)