AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Disk chisel leveler pictures
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Cliff SEIA
Posted 11/10/2006 10:38 (#59985)
Subject: Disk chisel leveler pictures

A couple weeks ago I asked about adding a Buster Bar to the back of our disk chisel and I thought I'd post some pictures of what I came up with. The main leveler is a 2 1/2" x 2 1/2" 1/4" wall tube with IH 45 field cultivator shanks on it instead of the wimpy S tines most leveler's use. The leveler bar is attached to the chisel with three 3x4x1/4" tubes which pivot at the back of the chisel on 3/4" bolts.  The real key to this leveler is the hydraulic adjustment so it can be adjusted on the go to work the perfect depth.  The cylinder gives the leveler at least 24" of adjustment so it can be raised clear up out of the way if it's not wanted. 

The rear drag bar is just some 7/16" by about 7 inch wide scrap iron that's attached using parts from the S tine leveler that used to be on the chisel.  The drag bar needs just a little more down pressure so I'm going to add some springs to it but it does a pretty good job of leveling and handles residue better than a harrow would, best of all it was pretty much free to build. 

My goal with this leveler was for the chisel to leave the ground level enough that we could get by with one pass with our Phillips harrow in the spring before planting and it's doing that job quite nicely for less than $500 and two days in the shop. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)