AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cliff, about your harvestmore table
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Cliff SEIA
Posted 11/11/2006 18:58 (#60491 - in reply to #60436)
Subject: RE: Cliff, about your harvestmore table

With the Contour Master I think you would get along better in terraces with a 25' head than without the CM and a 20' head. Sometimes we will have to go back to clean up right in the terrace channels but that's maybe 20% of the time. So far I don't think Young's have built a Harvestmore for a Deere but he has one on a Cat and one on a Gleaner. To make them easier to adapt to different combines he has gone to a three section frame so the center section can be changed to match the feeder house of whatever combine the head is going on without using any adaptors and he will use OEM header control parts so everything will work like it's supposed to. Also instead of painting them OEM colors like he did the first year now they are all black with stainless steel floor and back sheets so they really stand out in the field. I did notice a very small crack in the frame on our's towards the end of the season this year and I called John to let him know it might be something to look out for in case it happened to anybody elses head and before I got off the phone with him he had a plan to make a reinforcement brace in that place on every new head they build. It's nice to deal with people who want to fix any problems with their product rather than giving you the run around.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)