AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Deere 40-series SCV's -- next question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

dave morgan
Posted 11/15/2006 10:21 (#61837 - in reply to #61822)
Subject: RE: Quadring/Excellent post

Somerville, Indiana
Here we can see the ports in the ISO replacement coupling to take more flow?

The ISO OEM doesn't seem to have room for much flow at all...or I am not seeing something.

The original has six larger balls instead of the eight in the others, not a plus but it works...these wore the most in our Versatiles on scrapers, we replaced with Pioneer with levers, an excellent female iso coupler at much less cost, still can't figure why Deere and IH had to stick their neck into something they apparently knew little about and still trying to spend more on less quality.

The number one biggest difference?

the lever is exposed inside the original Deere fitting.

The 66 series in the IH lineup started the race to lessor quality hyd couplers, the race was still on with the 72 series Magnums, my watch ends with them.

The large cast iron piece with all its machined surfaces and added parts to do the same thing as 2 short hoses and simple Pioneer couplings makes me wonder why.

Only thing I can possitively thing of is the elimination of a problem with the hose and getting the right hose lenght when replacement time comes, much neater appearance to the rear of the tractor which I don't like to look at very much anyway, and that little hose that shouldn't have to be there...The engineer can explain the hose as a means to dispose of the fluid lost when uncoupling.

Anyone remember the IH 450 that required a pry of some sort to connect the coupler?..Was that AERO?..before its time, didn't work well back then, AERO didn't get to sell any male connections here as they quickly disappeared to be replaced with Pioneer...BUT, they were the predessessor to todays dry break couplers used for industrial applications, hydraulic as well as handling chemicals...In 1956 they didn't lose much oil when uncoupling, maybe 2 drops from each side, but don't dare trying to couple under pressure.

Which brings up a simple point to consider...How many times is it absolutely necessary to uncouple or couple underpressure?..only one here and that is hyd raised augers and they aren't trusted to hold, as a quarter turn valve is there to catch the pressure...ever had a good quality quarter turn valve to leak?..but then comes the necessity to remember to put the tractor levers in float before leaving the seat as OSHA can't trust us to know how to operate the linkage from the ground-as we could before cab tractors became popular-OK, worked on the old IH after the 60 series.

Edited by dave morgan 11/15/2006 10:35
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)