AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Does anyone use a DMC Moisture Controller for their Dryer?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

E718
Posted 11/15/2006 11:28 (#61854 - in reply to #61784)
Subject: RE: Does anyone use a DMC Moisture Controller for their Dryer?

Sac & Story county IA
I have used one on 2 dryers. It will do a decent job. Think of it as sort of a 3 speed transmission. Go along mostly in second. When it puts out too wet of corn, it shifts to low, keeping the corn in the dryer longer. When it puts out too dry of corn, it shifts to high, getting corn out faster.
It is a logic circuit. It takes in a signal from a moisture sensor and puts out a signal usable by the motor control hooked to it. Lots of the logic circuits on ebay. I have no idea how you get one programmed to work. So it involves paying $2000 instead of $200

I would reccomend the AC vfd over the DC motor. Mostly due to the routine maintainance of the brushes / commutator on the DC.

One mistake I made was trying to move the moisture sensor from the auger out of the dryer to the throat of an elevator leg. I wanted to use the moisture monitor feature for blending loadout corn to get the moisture level right. I made a cone deal to make corn flow past the sensor. The cone will plug too often. Then it involves climbing the leg to clear it out. Good concept, just doesn't work. I dunno whether to try to rebuild the sensor on the leg or go back to in the auger. That never did bother.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)