AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

89XX offset seat
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

dave morgan
Posted 11/17/2006 09:29 (#62671 - in reply to #62603)
Subject: RE: 89XX offset seat

Somerville, Indiana
Gosh I never noticed a magnum having an offset seat...no problem here planting corn, have to measure to find a guess row, still have a hard time believing it is offset to any appreciable amount but not doubting anybody's word...must be because of the right hand controls/dash.

One thing I have noticed is the 580B was offset, we could see the foundation mark without looking around the boom, now current models are straight with the boom.

But it wasn't a big deal...we put up with it...and as stated above really didn't notice it until somebody brought it up...I ain't changin...steel toed Cats aren't in the center either, older ones had a bench seat so we could sit on either side or in the center.

Then after the shock of hearing the seat is offset, we find out only 2 inches...imagine setting 2 inches over in the seat/leaning 2 inches from our butt to our sight eye/ who looks at a marker track anyways in front of the tractor?..We can't get straight rows unless we sight 300 feet ahead.

Lord, I appologize...Tom I appologize...no offense meant by any means...but two inches?..Ain't but one place I can see that amount being of any consequensable mention.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)