AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Mounting a broadcast seeder on a Mule
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

AR Plowboy
Posted 11/17/2006 10:08 (#62684 - in reply to #62658)
Subject: RE: Mounting a broadcast seeder on a Mule

East Central Arkansas
Not a broadcast seeder Ed but we but a sprayer trailer for our Honda Foremen 4 wheeler. This could easily have a seeder mounted to it. The trailer wheels center out on 38 in . This is the row width we use in our cotton crop and is close to what the 4 wheeler centers on. This allows us to simply unhook the trailer and the 4 wheeler is free for other jobs. The trailer is a self contained unit and it even has its on heavy duty 1000 amp battery that we charge with a battery charger between jobs. It has a 25 gallon spray tank and about a 12 ft boom that can be folded in sections to use as a narrow boom. We also have a electric boom valve with a switch on the 4 wheeler handlebars. The trailer has springs and 15 in tires to smooth the ride in rough ground. I could easily mount a spreader on this setup and could even spread and spray at the same time. As soon as I get some help learning to post pictures I will try to post some. My wife mostly shows me how to do commputer stuff and it usually takes showing and not telling for me to learn. She's currently busy working 10 hour sometimes 7 days a week at the cotton gin office spending most of the day sitting in front of the computer so she's not to interested in playing with this stuff at night.
We do have a small spreader that will clamp to the rear rack on the 4 wheeler. I don't know if it will still work on aur current 4 wheeler without some changes. Traded our 450 foreman for the 500 and they changed the racks. Had to rebuild everthing we had for the 450. One thing I like to do is to use a 12 v auto battery for most electrical add ons. I have a battery box that clamps to the front bumper.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)